6 years ago
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Christmas Eve Feast!
The table was set in the hallway w/ care, in hopes that big eaters would soon be there. Traditional Christmas Eve feast consists of Ham, cheesy potatoes, green beans, corn, and yummy dessert!! It was a Miller year so everyone was there, with the exception of Rusty and his family. Hopefully we will be able to see them in the spring, they were missed.
I guess all the kids felt like they needed to work off their Christmas Eve feast before the big day. Will, Lola, Sam, Summer and Haylee swinging like a monkey. Don't you remember all the energy you had as a kid on Christmas Eve. I remember feeling like I couldn't possibly fall asleep. What a fun time to be a kid.
Just a sampling of some of the crazy people that show up at the Miller events. My dear sweet grandma Lorna has had a rough 6 months. She has been through open heart surgery, torn rotator cuff w/ staph infection in the bursa that then spread to the heart valve, (which lead to open heart surgery). She has had infection after infection. Staying for weeks at a time in care facilities, and hospitals. We were all so happy that she was well enough to come to Christmas Eve. I am happy to report she is doing really well. We just celebrated her 87th birthday last week (Jan 16). We love you grandma. As grandpa would say, "It's that Icelandic blood that makes her so tough!". It was a great evening.
Of course the traditional Christmas Eve PJ's. I remember the good old days when mom used to actually sew pj's for the whole family. My mom was a good mom. I figure the sale rack at carters is more my style.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment