So I had to laugh at myself the other day. I was vacuuming the hard wood floors. Henry has been fond of little finger foods lately like the little cheerios and rice cake snacker treats. The process of watching a child learn how to eat is terrifying to me. At any given moment their face turns bright purple, their mouth opens huge until you can see their uvula hanging there w/ a cheerio next to it, you tell yourself, I'm not going to panic, and you wait until what seems like an eternity (but it is really like .5 seconds) then you finally lift their arm up so you can lean them forward so they wont die. At that moment, your child's color returns to normal and they begin breathing again, just long enough for them to grab for another cheerio, which he happily puts in his mouth. All the while I'm thinking can't we just stick to bottles or pureed foods for the rest of your life? But Henry is so proud of himself after he chases a Cheerio all over his highchair tray only to finally capture it against the side lip. He picks it up and slowly watches it all the way to his mouth where he proceeds to get the whole fist in his mouth and begins chomping before he gets all the fingers back out. It's fun now that he is finally to the point where he is slam dunking Cheerios like a regular old pro.
Well that was quite a tangent, so back to the laziest thing I have ever done. I was vacuuming the hard wood floors, I came across on of those puff cereal pieces on the floor. the vacuum would not pick it up, so instead of bending down and picking it up, I decided that would be too much work, so I stepped on it to crush it, then the vacuum would pick it up in my logical brain. But being a "puff cereal" it only smooshed it which I was okay with me, then I proceeded to vacuum it up, Well the vacuum still did not pick it up, because I had it on the lowest setting on the wood floors, it just pushed it around. So after dealing with this and realizing I was just being lazy, I came up with the most intelegent plan on my life, "I will bend down and pick it up". SO... I finally decided okay I'm gonna just pick it up! I bent over, grabbed the cereal and it crumbled into 10,000 little pieces between my fingers. SO.... I vacuumed it up!! I litteraly laughed out loud because I realized I was just being lazy, and had i just picked it up in the first place I would have been done with vacuuming that much sooner!!!
6 years ago



2 comments:
You so make me laugh! First, I can't wait to see Isaiah and Samuel learning to eat. This will be fun with twins! Next, I eat Cheerio's almost every morning on my drive to work. My car looks like I already have toddlers in it, minus the carseats! The car wash I frequent down the street must get tickled when vacuuming out my car. Oh...and on the lazy part, I've become super lazy since becoming pregnant. I would have picked up the puff with my toes! I don't bend unless absolutely necessary! Keep on blogging! I love reading it.
You described the choking worry perfectly! I still scrutinize Eva while she eats
Post a Comment