So…. I am taking a class called "Love and Logic". The class is awesome and in theory it should make me a better parent. But I have a long way to go. Anywho, the other night we learned about a new concept called the "Energy Drain". It goes like this, when one of your kids is arguing or misbehaving you tell them in a really lethargic voice, " whew, you are really draining my energy, how do you think you can replace it?" When they say, "I don't know?" You tell them well I have a list of ways you can replace my energy, like wipe the countertops, wash the walls, mop the floor, clean the floorboards… you get the idea. Then you say I think it's going to take 10 minutes to replace my energy. You can have fun with it, and let them know as they are working, "oh yah, I can feel my energy returning" tell them when they are finished thank you, that you feel so much better and in theory the child feels really good about themselves when they are done, like they have done an act of service. Well the theory works on just about everyone, unless your name is LOLA BELLE HARRIS,
So… Lola was arguing with Danny and I in the car. We decided to use the energy drain, Danny says, "Lola, you are really draining my energy. How do you think you can replace it?" Lola says, "I don't know". Danny says, "I have a few ways you can replace it, when we get home you can mop the floor or clean the floor boards." Lola replies in a very lethargic voice, "oh, now your draining my energy!" I think I'm in trouble. She is wayyyy to smart for me!!!! All Danny and I could do was laugh. Danny had to stop the car we were laughing so hard. OH how I love her!!!
6 years ago



1 comment:
Out of the mouths of babes! Too funny!
Post a Comment