Friday, April 10, 2009

26 Weeks!!!

 

Yes, this is the first official picture of my belly, and NO there are not two in there. Just one compfy little boy. YES, Lola took the picture, YES I am in my PJ's, Yes, I did paint my wall green (rye grass if you must know). I was feeling a little guilty that I havn't mentioned Baby X on my blog since the beginning of test tube stages. We are looking for good boy names. Everybody has their opinion, which makes it difficult. I am always bugged by "those people" who go to the hospital to have their baby, and they still don't have a name for him, and they even know the sex and everything. Well, I'm afraid to admit, I AM goin to be one of "those people". The pregnancy is going very well. I feel great, I hope this little guy is as good on the outside world as he has been on the inside world. It's crazy how much I love him already. It makes Lola Belle all that more special to me, that Shelly would love Lola so much she would want her to have us as parents. Oh it just makes my heart hurt. Lola is so excited to be a big sister. At first she wasn't so sure about a little brother ( she didn't speak for nearly 2 hours, curled up on the floor in the corner). But the next day, I bought some little onesies, and some cute tennis shoes. Lola came home from school, saw the outfits and asked "is this for my baby brother?" I was a little nervous and said yes. Lola said, "OH!! I am so excited to have a baby brother!" That outfit could have really backfired on me. I'm glad it made Lola so excited.
Posted by Picasa

 

I had to stick this beautiful needle, the size of McDonalds straw, in my hip every night until 10 weeks. Danny had to give me the injections. The needle needed to be barried to the hub. They weren't too bad, at first Danny was giving the injection like a dental injection, which needs to be administered slowly in order to avoid pain to the patient. But in this case the needle needed to be thrown in like a dart. By week 8 or 9, I was SO OVER getting an injection, that I literally wanted to screem, my hips looked like swiss cheese, they were bruised, and sore. I even occused Danny of actually liking afflicting pain on me. Which I know wasn't true, I just became irrational. I hated every injection the last couple of weeks. But now that seems so long ago.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Brett and Becca Muir said...

I am so happy to see you blogging again. I always love to see what you guys are up to, and see cute Lola. You look so cute pregnant!! I can't wait for that little guy to come. He will be the luckiest little boy in the world!

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

you look great! Your cute belly, I cant wait for little Danny to join your family! And that needle wow, that has pain all over it, I dont know how you did that for 10 weeks, You are amazing!

TheWeaverFamily said...

Hi heather! Congrats on the little boy in the making! Sarah W. told me you we pregnant a while back.... we are so excited! hope all is going well!
Our blog is jonamberweaverfam.blogspot.com

HanksFam said...

Congratulations you guys! We are so happy for you. You look great!

stefanie said...

Look at that belly! It looks good on you my friend! I love it and you are so not even big! The needle thing sounds so not fun! Both of my sisters had to give themselves injections for the whole 9 months and I didn't envy them either...but you do what you've gotta do right? I bet Danny enjoyed it a little...even if he won't admit it...I can just picture the smirk on his face right now! Just kidding!
Miss you guys...can't wait to see the handsome little guy when he arrives and can't wait to hear his name! No pressure!

The Alaska DeKays said...

I didn't even know you were pregnant!!! I am so happy for you guys. I loooove the name Henry! I think Henry Harris would be adorable. Congratulations.

My Peeps!