Thursday, February 17, 2011

Allergy Test

SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!! Guess who has allergies....Henry!
The top X is the "test positive" site. 
The hive next to #1 is a positive allergy to... EGG
The hive next to #2 is a positive allergy to....PEANUTS
The hive next to #3 is a positive allergy to...TREE NUTS (which may be all other nuts or just some, but based on these results, the allergist does not want Henry in contact with any type of nut whatsoever!!! Well TRA-LA-LA. Isn't that just kick you in the face FANTASTIC!!!!
If there is an upside to any of this, Henry seems to be okay when he has eggs in something baked. Unlike my niece, Myra, who throws up if she even looks at an egg.However if I just scramble up an egg for him he begins swelling like a Macey's day parade blimp!!!
It's okay, I still really really love him. The question is will he still love me? It's bad enough that I gave him red hair and fair skin. Why does he have to get my crappy allergies too? Don't get me wrong. I LOVE, LOVE LOVE Henry's hair but I'm sorry Henry for the food allergies. I hated being the kid growing up that everyone had to base their menu around. I hated being scared of peanuts, I hated when I accidentally ate something with nuts in it and how my throat would itch and my mouth would hyper salivate, and you would worry if you were going to stop breathing. I hated the fact that I would come home from the Curtis' barn with my eyes swollen shut, and my mom would say, "you have been playing at the barn again haven't you?" and I would say, "NO....how did you know?"
I was lamenting the other day saying, "I'm so sorry about your allergies Henry, it's all my fault", Lola replies, "It's not your fault mom, that's just the way he came from heaven!" Oh how I love my kids.

1 comment:

RWM said...

Even his back is cute!

It's sad that Myra is incapable of looking at eggs without becoming a vomit-fountain, but it's TRAGIC that Danny's son should be allergic to baked goods!

My Peeps!