A funny coincidence, the Carnival ship above is the Elation. Danny and I went on that ship over 10 years ago in the Mexico Riviera.
In Cozumel, Mexico we rented a scooter, aka: Danny's Hog. It was so much fun to tool around on the "Hog" but I have to admit, we had to say a prayer before we even left the parking lot. It was a little frightening to be on the back of this tiny little "mo-ped". We decided to pull off the road and take some pictures. When we wanted to leave we realized we didn't know how to start the scooter. Calling the number to the rental agency didn't help much because none of them spoke enough English to know what I was trying to tell them. They just kept saying, "oh...you have problem?" Finally Danny remembered that when we went snowmobiling last winter you had to hold the hand break while you turned the key. He tried that, and viola!!! We were on the road again. :)When I was 12 years old my family went on a cruise. We visited this national park called "Chankanaab" I have such vivid memories of this place, being my first time ever snorkeling. I was so excited to go there again with my best friend. I loved being a part of Danny's first snorkeling experience. He was so amazed by all the fish! Who wouldn't be? At one point there was this 3-4 foot Barracuda right next to Danny, and it scared the living tar out of me!!! I screamed and took off swimming...Danny was like "whats the big deal"? I'm sure it wasn't a big deal but I was convinced it was going to eat Danny and I wasn't gonna be around to watch.
I know, I know apparently some people hate toes that look like fingers...but it's better than fingers that look like sausages!!!
Danny was right at home walking though the canyon created by these two enormous cruise ships. It kind of reminded us of New York City.
Our ship, Voyager of the Seas.
On the peer in Cozumel.
The second stop was Grand Cayman. We did a day excursion to "Stingray Island". No that is not a swimming pool behind us, it is the actual color of the caribbean ocean...breathtaking!!!
Me in my snorkeling "get-up".
The Stingrays would just swarm around you and brush up along you looking for food. It was a little creepy at first but once the nerves left it was surreal!!!
The stingrays barb that can injure you is actually located on it's tail. It's mouth is on the bottom of it's body. They say, if you give the stingray a kiss, you have 7 years of good luck. But if the stingray kisses you, it's 13 years good luck. Well Danny and I both kissed the stingray and were kissed by the stingray so here's to 20 good years ahead of us... The stingray that kissed Danny left a good little hickey on his hand!!! He lied to the kids on the tour and said it didn't hurt, but he told me the truth.... IT DID!!!! Better to be kissed then to be "stung".
I was beginning to think Danny was going to ask this stingray out on a second date....
When Danny was on his mission, he made a lot of good friends with people from the Caribbean islands. He loved everything they ever served him. His favorite was CURRIED GOATFalmouth, Jamaica. We had a blast. The port is brand new and still a lot of construction going on there but it was one huge party.
Of course, Danny was all about trying any local food. These are beef patties. They were really good. Danny also found a vendor that had jerk chicken, and jerk pork. That was some of the best "good eats" we had the whole trip. Most of our pictures from Jamaica were taken on a waterproof camera that I haven't developed yet. We went on an excursion to "Dunn River Falls" we took a bus ride an hour from Falmouth to Ochos Rios, The Dunn River Falls, are 900 and something vertical feet of climbing the falls. It was a lot of fun.On our ship there was a "Johnny Rockets" As if we hadn't eaten enough the whole week we needed to go get a big cheeseburger, onion rings, and a chocolate shake....totally delicious!!!
This was our dinner group. We were always the last table to leave every night. We had so much fun with our new friends. Next to Danny and I the couple in the middle are Paul and Kim. On the right side are Leslie and Chris. They were all from England, just happened to be a funny coincidence, because the two couples didn't know each other at all. The fourth couple in our dinner group didn't make it in the photo but they were Miguel and Lesley (two male hairstylists from Houston).







2 comments:
I am SooOOoo jealous! Love the pics, it looks like you had a blast. And Danny, I would totally be about the local food...or uh, just the food in general!!
Oh My Goodness! I am SO ready for a Cruise. This is Jorge and I's favorite vacation. I'm hoping the twins can stay with grandparents and we can go on a cruise this fall! By the way Heather...you look amazing! Very jealous! The pics are incredible. If you ever go on another cruise, be sure to find a zip line excursion. Too much fun!
Post a Comment