Last January Lola started on swim team, until May.
St. Patricks day!!
Lola got her tonsils out in April (I guess having strep throat 4 times in 3 months is too much)
She really reaped the benefits. Although the second day she woke up in pain and cried, "mom, put my tonsils back in!!!"
Danny made cinnamon rolls for conference weekend.... let me just say that these babies were so good, they made Mitch giggle!!!
Spring break was spent in St. George, UT. Seriously, God had a lot of fun creating "Snow Canyon"!!! It is INCREDIBLE!
We spent the weekend with our good friends and neighbors, the Porters.
Lola and Gavin got snow cones as big as their heads!!!
The Easter bunny came bearing sugar-a-plenty and some highly fashionable church clothes...(: Yes, the Easter egg hunt was indoors once again due to mother nature not being able to get her holiday weekends right!!!
Of course, dessert was Danny's idea...Chocolate mousse never tasted soooo good.
Connor decided to up and leave us and serve an LDS mission for 2 years. Enjoy the sunshine in sunny SanDiego friend!!!
against my wishes, Lola decided to turn 7!!!
WE had a birthday party for her via SKYPE, with Grandma and Grandpa Harris in Guyana
David decided to have a birthday too. So we celebrated them together. This is Lola's favorite cake. It's a strawberry short cake. Beautiful hu!!! I did the Daybreak Triathlon in June, and found myself on the podium. 3rd place in my age group (sprint tri= 750m swim, 15 mile bike, 5k run). If I would have known I was so awesome, I would have tried harder....(:
Danny, now with a Trophy wife, got his Trophy car!!! hahahaha!
Henry decided to be an asthmatic....
and a MONKEY!!!
Danny took up running (again) and he actually did it for about 2 months this time!! Way to go Danny
Of course if it's summer time, it's blueberry pie time!!!
My mom decided to have a birthday too....
So Aleese figured, what the heck I might as well become 40!! (I was out of candles, that's why they are blowing out the lighter...smile)
Jason & Aleese also have a new addition, Baby EMMIT
MY 3 FAVORITE PEOPLE!!!!
We took the kids camping with Jason and his little girls.
Henry thought the idea of having licorice in each hand was ingenious...
...and decided to turn 2!!!!
Turns out the best place to keep Henry while camping was in Jason's truck... we only lost him twice...
Lila had the right idea of going in nature...
We took Haylee to Lagoon for her birthday!!! She loved it, and was game for all of the rides...
...and of course the ICE CREAM!!
Henry was a very cautious pilot... watch out Delta...here comes Henry.
Lola performed with her Chinese Immersion class at the Utah State Capitol building for 4 Chinese governors foreign diplomats, and American Governors!!!
Lola is obviously the one with the most enthusiasm for life.
My second triathlon of the summer was in Burley, ID. It was an Olympic distance (1mile swim, 25 mile bike, 10k run) 2:33.07. I didn't place here, but I had a very respectable time.
Don't let the potty picture fool you...potty training did not go as well as the look on Henry's face...need less to say, Henry is still in diapers. Lola wanted to potty train Henry so she could get a puppy.
Well, we still don't have a puppy, unless you count Henry acting as a puppy.
My third tri of the summer was at Jordanelle Resevoir. I placed third. It was a sprint tri (750meter swim, 15mile bike, 5k run). But my time was drastically better. I really enjoyed this race!!! My time was 1:34.
One of my favorite races of the summer however was this 5K swim (that's right 3.1mile swim in OPEN water) @ Deer Creek Resevoir.
My time was great at 1:28.28 but I was up against some stiff competition, and I didn't even place in the top 10.
Henry found a buddy to go "cruising" with. Henry and Kash make a pair of some really cool dudes!!!
...Lola and Gavin decided to both lose a tooth on the same day.
Danny and I got a very interesting...unexpected...frightfully crazy little surprise come Sept...yes I did take the second test because I didn't trust the first one...hey Lola, do you want a puppy or a baby??
Lola decided to become a serious soccer star! Rocked it on the field, scoring goals in every game and...
...Broke her arm... But don't worry, she finished the game with it broken.
She "had to"... I mean "got to" have a cast for 4 weeks. In true Lola fashion, she was so excited and the best sport ever about the whole thing.
Henry however cries more at a haircut, then Lola did for her broken arm. We fixed that by just taking him to get a haircut at a more expensive place then I get my hair cut!!!
We went to Telluride, CO. for the first time. Let me just say, we will be going back again someday. We loved it and we loved being able to spend some time with COUSINS!!!
Danny went camping with lifelong buddies; Lex Curtis, Clint Shumway, and James Ray.
We hiked Timpanogos for the first time ever!!!
We went with cousins; Russ Miller fam, and Amber Krommenhoek clan.
Lola caught a beautiful moth at the Buswell cabin.
Henry decided he was done hiking and decided to just sit down and give up in the middle of the path.
...but learning how to throw rocks in a river seemed to rejuvenate him.
Danny doesn't get to fly fish enough. He loves it. It is his passion. It is funny to me to see how excited he gets about doing it. I just don't understand i guess...
'Christmas Meadows'
Uncle Mitch was so cute to be willing to carry Henry on the hike to Ruth Lake.
We went with Jenno and Brandon to La Callie restaurant for the first time. We won a gift certificate as a white elephant (yes I said, WHITE ELEPHANT) at a Christmas party. we weren't sure if it was legit or not, thankfully it was....yippy!!
We are so lucky to have great, lifelong, friends like Jenno and Brandon. They are truly a special gift in our life!!!
Labor day weekend found us on a hike to Cecret Lake, except it wasn't such a secret, it seemed the whole state of Utah had the same idea!!!
We went with our good friends, The Porters.
We took Lola to Mary Poppins. Lola was so energetic and excited about the performance I had to keep reminding her she wasn't allowed to talk.
Danny went with his sister, Anne, and friend, Clint Shumway, to visit his parents in Guyana. The waterfall is Kaieteur Falls one of the tallest single drop waterfalls in the world, with over a 700ft drop. 

Karen and Larry's friend, climbed a tree, cut down these coconuts, and served them to their guests.
Larry and Karen have really enjoyed their mission, and Danny really enjoyed being able to see his parents and experience what they do for a couple of days.
Jenno and Brandon adopted their fourth child, Ruby!!
Lola and Henry enjoyed the drive-in movies. (Cars 2)
We went with our friends the Howards to their family cabin. I have to say it was my most favorite cabin experience ever!!!
...there was a zip line, and it's own private lake. So much fun!!!
Of course we enjoy going to the park as often as possible. Doesn't matter the weather for Henry, if he see's a park, he beggs to stop the car!!!
Lola was a Cherry Blossom Princess for Halloween...
Henry was a Cowboy...
My Dad was a prison inmate...
and Danny was... a "guy with hair"...
I personally grew all the pumpkins!!!!
...Yes!! all of them...
...and I'm personally growning another lil' pumpkin in my belly right now!!!! Baby Girl, due in MAY 2012!!!
Henry still thinks he is a 'Cowboy'....
...weather he is dressed or not!!!!
Amber had her second little girl, Tatum, and Amber didn't almost die this time (Thank Heavens!!!)
We went on our 'every other year' trip to Puerto Vallarta with the Millers.
Henry decided, he should be a beach bum
We all decided.... It's a good idea!!!!
In a nutshell, there is 2011!!! We had a wonderful year, and look forward to the year to come...
























































1 comment:
Wow! What a good year you had. Fun to be part of some it. Next time I would like to be in the Carribean or Mexico pictures. :) Do I get to request stuff like that?
Post a Comment