Danny and I learned a very important lesson this year... Too much is not better than just enough.... or something like that!! You see, this is kind of what happened:
Danny and I live on a budget, we are not perfect, but we have done better than we ever have (thank you, Dave Ramsey).
But I am not the one that is the promoter of budgeting, nor am I great at it. Thats all thanks to Danny's willingness to constantly stay on top of things (aka:constantly nag me). We budget for Christmas, we start saving in January. However, come mid-December, Danny becomes weak and wants to by everything and I have this little shoulder angel that says, "uh oh Heather, it's your turn to be the bad guy and tell Danny enough is enough!!" ....BUT THEN the shoulder Devil pops up and says, "here's your window Heather, if you want something you better ask for it now or never!!" (Of course there are a few dramatic words I have added to this story to make it more interesting) To make a long story short, I have a little guilt about taking advantage of a man while in the "Christmas spirit". Regardless, I am sure the guilt will wear off by December 15, 2012 (SMILE)!!!
SANTA IS COMING....I KNOW HIM!!!
Oh, the infamous line-up!!!
We added a new kid to our line-up this year, Thanks Uncle Mitch for your late night elf duties!!!
Mixture of excitement and sugar w/ a diet coke for breakfast.
FYI: The game of LIFE takes hours to play. Oh and Lola beat me, even though I went to college twice, and she took the "career" path.
Lola is going "cowgirl" on us!!! She is so cute in her boots!
Danny looks totally thrilled about his new underwater video camera...
Yes this "thomas" engine is named HENRY!!
Lola and I made a family calendar for Danny....it produced tears, just the reaction I was looking for!!! (I love you Danny)
Big screams for Lalaloopsy dolls!!
But the I-pod touch made Lola make sounds I have never heard come out of her, in both volume and pitch!!
Yes, it is a Cadillac Escalade (totally ghetto, I know!!)
**note to self: next time pay the $25 assembly fee**
The train set... totally worth it!!!












1 comment:
Looks like y'all had a great Christmas!!! My boys didn't open much. At 18 mos old they are more about the wrapping paper than the actual gift! So glad to see a post from you. I've been wondering how you and your family are doing. Please give Danny, Lola and Henry all my love.
Post a Comment