The Saturday before Valentines, Danny, Mike Cowdell, and Brandon Gunnell, planned the Vainglorious Valentine Voyage for their wonderful wives, of course me, Marianne and Jenno. It was a evening full of fun, surprises (and also of course) DELICIOUS FOOD!!! The girls arrived at the house only to find the front door decorated with streamers and balloons.
The boys planned an incredible 5 course meal. The meal took us on a journey based on the “land” the food came from or was known for.
We started in Wisconsin with a very satisfying bowl of Broccoli Cheddar soup with a crouton garnish (home made croutons not to mention the soup too). Of course Wisconsin is know for cheese, so thats how they figured we would start there in the beautiful “dairy state”. Brandon also played some Violent Femms for us while we ate our soup. Betcha didn’t know they were from Wisconsin.
Next we had a yummy Cesar Salad do you know where Cesar is from???...The beautiful land of Tijuana, Mexico!!! So of course Brandon played some brilliant mariachi music for us during our salad course. (Sorry no picture of salad or soup, I was too caught up in the moment and forgot to take pictures, OOPS)
The third course was Breast of Chicken stuffed with Broiled Asparagus and Smoked Gouda. Danny worked really hard on this course, started prepping for it the night before, did I mention that Danny did ALL the cooking? Well he did. He was so cute about it. He studied out all the recipes and even did a test course of the stuffed chicken breasts the week before so I really have been spoiled by him lately. The chicken was served with a Smashed Potato. Baby Red potatoes that have been boiled, smashed, then baked in olive oil and tyme. umm mmm.... I believe this course took us to the land of Holland, known for their... asparagus? Well I knew they were known for their tulip bulbs. Apparently there is nobody that makes music from this country so we just listened to something really folky...
The last course took us to FRANCE for the Triple Layer Chocolate Mousse Cake. Apparently "Mousse" is French. Danny first made this dessert for Christmas dinner. I think he has made it like three times since then. Heaven help me that I don’t become the next Biggest Looser contestant. This cake is to die for!!! The bottom layer is a dense flourless choclate cake, the middle chocolate layer is a mousse, and the top is a white chocolate mousse. Every bite is heavenly. After dessert we went to Sweden. We were served with Swedish Fish, and a “Swedish back massage”. It was so much fun and made me really feel like Danny really does like me, though I’m not really sure why sometimes:) He is so wonderful and so good to me. I could never ask for a better Valentine!! Danny is my life and my love. This was the best VAINGLORIOUS VALENTINE VOYAGE that I have ever been on!!!



1 comment:
WOW....my mouth is watering as I read this. It really was a wonderful voyage! Thanks Danno for the amazing food. You boys are just WAY too cute! We had a blast!
Post a Comment