Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Careful what you pray for....


Yes the pregnancy test is positive!!! Was this a total surprise?...YES!!! SO let me back up a little. On January 5, 2010 Lola came into my bedroom first thing in the morning, with hands on hips she tells me, "I'm not eating breakfast today, and I'm not eating lunch either!" I was thinking who are you and what did you do to my child? Because the first words out of Lola's mouth almost every morning are, "Mom, I want pancakes." So much to my surprise when Lola announced she wasn't going to be eating I said, "okay, Why are you not eating?" Lola replied, " Because I want a baby sister." Taken back a little I told her that you can't just go on a hunger strike and get what you want, life doesn't work that way. Still with hands on hips Lola teaches me a lesson, "I know mom, you don't eat breakfast or lunch, then before dinner you say a special prayer. Then Heavenly Father will give you what you need. I wasn't apposed to this concept of fasting. Am I good at it? No!! But we have fasted for children before and it hasn't worked. I told Lola, "That's great, if you want to fast for a little sister, I think that's a wonderful idea." About two hours later Lola came back to me and said, "Mom, I'm really hungry, can we do this fasting thing on another day, like a Sunday where we call all do it together?" I couldn't help but get emotional at that point because she had done the best she could do. She felt like it wasn't good enough and she wanted to try again on another day. I said a simple prayer in my heart to Heavenly Father, I am content with my two beautiful miracles. I don't know how you are going to let Lola's heart down. But then thinking to myself, Lola is a child she will forget all about this and won't be heartbroken. Can you imagine my shock when only a month and half later, I get a positive pregnancy test!!! I didn't believe it, do you know how many years and how many hundreds of dollars I have spent on pregnancy tests? I've stared at negative tests so long my eyes actually begin to see a positive line that is not there. Of course Danny and I couldn't allow ourselves to believe. So I went to the doctor the next day. Made him do an ultrasound even though I was technically only 5 weeks along. In the uterus are signs consistent with an early pregnancy. He took blood my HCG levels were 405. He said it would increase by 80% ever two days. My next blood test two days later were 885!! They more then doubled!!! Are you kidding me? I'm still having a really hard time believing this. Henry is only 7 mo. old. But we are so excited!!! Words can not express the JOY that we are feeling. The nurse told me today, my due date is October 25, 2010

10 comments:

Laura said...

I am seriously tearing up. That is just such a sweet and special story. And CONGRATULATIONS!!! Holy cow, they will be CLOSE, but it'll be so so awesome!

Now all you need to worry about is getting that girl for Lola! ;)

Maryann said...

Heather!!! I am so excited for you!! How AWESOME!!!!Its interesting how the body can change when your not stressed and/or your body has been pregnant before.The same thing happened to my cousin.She had adopted 3 kids then the invetro worked finally. Then after 6 months or so after her baby was born she was pregnant naturally! Congratulations!So happy for you guys!

HanksFam said...

Heather, seriously, that's awesome. I'll never forget when you told us that you and Danny knew that you would always be able to have your own children. I love that it's coming true.

Our first two are 14 months apart and we love it. They entertain each other all day!

Lisa Higgins Photography said...

I cried like a baby reading this. I am so happy for your family. The power of prayer is amazing and it looks like heavenly father didn't want to have Lola heartbroken.

Jenny said...

I am so stinkin' happy for you!!!! That is the sweetest story ever! Wahoo!!!!!

The Mortenson Family said...

CONGRATS Heather! We're ecstatic for you! =) jen

The Alaska DeKays said...

That is awesome Heather! Heavenly Father certainly does have His own timing.Congratulations. Lola is an amazing little girl. Miss you guys.

Emily Heider said...

That is an amazing story! I need to spend more time talking to Lola, she seems adorable. ;-)

Mama Bird said...

Heather! Congratulations! I know how you feel sister! Never in a million years did I think I would ever get pregnant, with twins no less. I'm so happy for your family. Can't wait to follow to see what Lola gets. (Boy or Girl!) Love the family pics and miss y'all so much. BTW...can you send me your email address & phone number? I would love to catch up with you.

Kristie Young said...

Oh Heather I am so happy for you. What a wonderful surprise!

My Peeps!