6 years ago
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
What Eye Patch?
Lola wears an eye patch everyday for one hour. We have been doing it for a year now. Her left eye is "lazy". It tracks with the other eye just fine, for some reason her brain chooses not to look through it. Not that I am perfect about always remembering the patch, but I have had to come up with creative ways to get her to put the patch on. I usually draw something on it to make it exciting, but you just have to laugh at the "eye" I drew the other day. Lola got so much attention for it that now she asks for a picture of an eyeball often. I am glad she chooses to embrace it. The eye doctor says that with the glasses and the patching, they can train the eye to see better and hopefully not need glasses past 3rd or 4th grade. We can only hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
How creative! Love the "eye patch" litterally! I was actually wondering the other day if she still wore it! I guess the pirate thing didnt last long! Maybe the cool eyeball thing will!
Oh, my eyepatch art!! I love it! You are such a cute Mom!
hey friend...just wanted to see what what you were up to. Loved the pic of Sam and Lola...that is hilarious! How are you feeling? Just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you! Love ya, Jenno
You better never let Myra see that photo or she'll want an eye patch--no, she'll want TWO eye patches.
Of course, it may not matter too much; she already runs into everything.
Peace in your hood,
Russ
Post a Comment