Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Put the lid on the paint before you shake it.

 

So Lola and Sam (my nephew)got into my craft paints that Danny had left out (I wanna make sure the blame was not on me). I was on the phone talking to Sam's mom when all of the sudden Lola comes running upstairs saying, "Mom, hurry come quick, it is an emergency!" I hung up the phone only to go down stairs and find black paint from the top of Sam's head across his face, down his shirt and on his sleeve. I don't believe I got the story 100% accurate, but from what I can gather, they wanted to paint Sam's sword (the center roll from wrapping paper). Lola decided to shake up the paint, but oh wait, the lid wasn't on it!!! I told Sam the good news is, he now looks like G.I.Joe with camo face paint. That cheered him up a little. But then as I was getting my camera out I said I was going to take a picture, so that some day we could all look back at this and laugh. Well that was the wrong thing to say. That made Sam begin to cry just as I was taking the picture and he said, "I don't want anybody laughing at me!" I felt so bad. It was very comical however.The funny part is, last Sunday, at a family party, I decided to shake up the salad dressing before I poured it onto my salad. I was looking the other direction, talking to may brother-in-law,Troy, I knew I had checked if the lid was on the dressing. What I didn't realize was that it was just sitting on it, not actually screwed on. So as I am facing the other direction I continue to shake the salad dressing with no lid on it. Danny was laughing so hard he couldn't tell me to stop. Needless to say, I smelled like poppy seed dressing the rest of the night.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Travis and Jamie said...

Too funny!! BTW Congrats on the BOY!!

trishanna said...

hi this is troy sister trish im visiting from thier site and i just have to say how i love how innocent lola looks in this picture! it cracked me up

whitney said...

Yeah thats pretty funny! Way to boost his self esteem!! Hurray for a baby boy!!!

stefanie said...

You make me laugh!
We miss you guys!

RWM said...

That picture of Sam is PERFECT. You should have chased him around with a video camera and teased him until he was mentally scarred.

That's how John and I were raised, and look how well we turned out.

Russ

My Peeps!