Friday, January 21, 2011

Strep Throat: Round 3


We went back to the doctor yesterday. And yes once again it is STREP!!! This is the third time since December 15, 2010. So in the last 37 days, Lola has been on an antibiotic for 22 days (we are just on our second day of another 10 day dose). On top of everything else, Lola's chinese immersion class has become a lot more demanding of these young children. After the Christmas break they started enforcing the rule that there will be no more english spoken by the children in the  chinese class room. Of course the teacher never speaks english, the children aren't even supposed to know that she can.  Lola was a little emotional during the week and I just expected that it was due to adjusting to the new rules. But it turns out she just hasn't been feeling herself. She just didnt know how to express those feelings and let me know why she was acting the way she was.  She is only 6 after all:)
On a funny side note, last friday afternoon Lola came to me and said, "Mom, I called Gavin, Gabe, Addi, Hazel, and Miriam."
and I replied, "Oh, so nobody can play?"
Lola said, "No they ALL can!!! They are ALL comming here!"
I just had to laugh!! Lola's three cousins & grandma and grandpa, just left our house, but she was ready for the next party to start!! What a funny girl:)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I bet you are getting worried with the Strep coming back 3 times. I am sorry :( She sounds exactly like Stratton with the friend thing, the more the merrier :)

Mama Bird said...

Oh my goodness! That looks bad! Her nose however looks a lot like Sam's! He seems to always have an ear infection and a runny nose.

RWM said...

That's not Lola's most flattering picture. Get well soon.

My Peeps!