Our family gave the ritual, just moved into the ward, family talks last Sunday. Lola was so excited to give a talk. I wondered if I should actually let her. Nothing is more annoying than a kid that gets up to the microphone, and slobbers all over it and you can't understand a word they are saying between all the deep breathing. But since we were talking on gratitude, and I happen to do one good mothering thing, which is keep a gratitude journal for Lola I thought, "hey, I'll just have her say some of the things that she is thankful for in her journal."
Here is her talk.
I'm grateful for Cadie Young (friends) I'm grateful for school, I'm grateful for the zoo. I'm grateful for trees. I'm grateful for toys, I'm grateful for mom and dad. I'm grateful for Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for potato bugs. I'm grateful for the temple. I'm grateful for the Holy Ghost. I'm grateful for the baby in my mommies tummy. Amen.
I drew little pictures that resembled all of these things. When I got up to help her I thought I would just stand by her in case she needed it. She put the hand out to me and said, "no mom, you go sit down. I will do this by myself". She was perfect. She spoke loud and clear and did a great job. I'm so proud of her. Great job Lola Belle!!!
6 years ago



2 comments:
You all did a great job! Thanks for inspiring me and giving me a few ideas to use with my kids. They need to learn to be more grateful.
I wish i could of heard her talk!! I bet she was so cute! Well i will see you guys tomorrow for turkey day yum! i will also show you how to use picasa its alot of fun, but addicting.
Post a Comment