two different birthday parties for his first birthday. Danny made the second cake. Henry loved the strawberries!!

we went back to Alta View hospital on Henry's birthday for breakfast to eat the infamous "Henry's Special" that sealed the deal on Danny naming his little boy.
We went to Portland, OR. for
our first time.
Of course we had to visit Voo Doo Doughnuts. Crazy fun place and the doughnuts aren't too bad either.
Lola was excited about "China town" in Portland since she just started the Chinese Immersion program at school.
after being in Portland for a couple of days, we went to the coast and stayed in a little town called Oceanside, OR. We also took a trip up the coast and went to cannon Beach for a day. Ever see Goonies? Well thats Cannon beach. Pretty?....yes...Warm?....NO!!!! It was the end of July but the temperatures on the coast never got above 60. You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the pictures of Lola. She was bound and determined to swim in the water. Danny and I were just waiting for an iceberg to float to shore!!! Being a crawler, Henry wasn't so big on the sand but he enjoyed himself.

Haystack rock, Cannon beach.

Haystack rock, Cannon beach.
Lola started 1st grade, yes the other kids in the picture are 1st graders too. They are actually all older than Lola. Oh how I love her long beautiful legs and enormous feet :) (lola, addison,gabe,and gavin)
I went to girls camp, took this picture myself to prove it. While Danny and the kids went to Larry Walter
Harris reunion #2 at bear lake.
Then this week I took Lola to Cowabunga Bay (one of her top 3 favorite places on earth).
Last weekend I did the sprint Jordanelle triathlon. My dad did the sprint also, Johnny did the olympic. I did alright on the swim. My wetsuit is not really a "TRI" wetsuit but i got it for $24 so I made it work. But about half way into the swim I felt like I was getting the "wetsuit squeeze". When I got out of the water I was really really dizzy. I've never really experienced that before so when I got to the transition area I decided I best sit down for a couple of minutes. That seemed to help because getting on a bike dizzy doesn't sound like a good combo. The bike I felt okay, but anybody I passed in the water was definately ready for paybacks. I held out okay. But the cursed run...DANG YOU RUNNING!!! Why must you dislike me so? I'm gonna get you running. I'm gonna win!!! I need to shave about 7min. off my run. Anyone have any advice? All in all I finished the sprint triathlon consisting of 750m. swim, 14mile bike, and 5k run at 1:49.30 I'm okay with that for now. I have a lot of work to do if i'm gonna get any better at these events. DANG YOU RUN, DANG YOU!!!

Danny and I decided to be spontaneous fun parents one saturday afternoon so we decided to take the kids to the SL county fair. We paid for parking and all get out of the car, buckle Henry in the stroller only to find out, Lola doesn't have any shoes on her feet, or in the car for that matter. So we had to go back home, get some flip flops and beg the parking person to let us back in the fair grounds with out having to pay again. UGH!!! so much for being good parents!!!

Then to bring you up to date, Lola went outside to play today in this outfit. Yes those are knee pads. w/ a tutu. Man I love that funny girl.













2 comments:
You guy have been busy!! Glad you are all doing good. Not jealous of girls camp. Not jealous of the tri... but man, I am impressed! You are tough Heather! Love Oregon. Beaches are always cold tho. AND....last of all, I love love love Lola in her tutu and knee pads! Adorable!
glad to see you guys are still alive! What a fun summer, Heather you are looking good! I know a way to help you with that run, do the Derby Marathon with me next year!!! Lola what a beautiful little girl, why does she have to grow up!!Miss you guys!
Post a Comment