Ohhh Shh...nickerdoodle is right!!! So I did a really stupid thing today. Henry started his first course of penicillin yesterday, due to an ear infection that has been driving him (and I) crazy for about 5 days now. Poor little guy he has been very miserable. Spiking fevers, congestion, cough. I just kept thinking he would get better. So I finally take him in yesterday, and sure enough.... ear infection. I was a little gun shy about taking him in due to the last three times I have taken him in, sure that something was wrong he was fine, I said to the doctor, “ are you sure he’s fine because he’s not smiling and laughing EVERY time I look at him... So I was a little timid to take him in this time and sure enough... EAR INFECTION. So being on his first course of antibiotics, I come up with a genius idea to feed him a scrambled egg for the first time today too!!! ( do you see where this is going?) Immediately after doing both, Henry’s face swells up like a Macy’s day parade blimp. And now i’m thinking was it the antibiotic or the egg? So, I got him in the bath to wash his skin off, and he seems to be getting better relatively quickly. So I figured it was the egg (don’t ask me why that conclusion was made in my head but it seemed logical at the time) And just when I thought I was out of the woods, three hours later, out of nowhere, Henry blows up like Quazimoto (from Hunchback of Notre Dame). Great, this means it is most likely the antibiotic. Which truth be told, I rather it be the antibiotic. Poor little guy. I really felt for him. I have looked like Quazimoto before. It was quite romantic really on a vacation in Mexico alone with my wonderful husband. I ended up in a Mexican Hospital (don’t really recommend). But as for Henry, I changed his antibiotic, and no more eggs for a while.
6 years ago



1 comment:
oh my poor little guy!! Is he taking the path of his mother? That mexico story will never get old!!!
Post a Comment